We are aware that your property value is priceless and we focus on identifying what impacts it. As straightforward as a visible enemy till the key causative factor of your restlessness. Nowadays, water damage restoration can be avoided as long as all necessary measures were taken in time.
In Flash Drop Water Damage Restoration & Mold Removal we have more than 10 years working for offering quality and qualified service. Because it’s not just about tools and the equipment but professionals with the experience to solve effectively and efficiently, always concentrated especially on the client’s satisfaction.
The common causes of water damage in homes and buildings are:
1. Leaking pipes and plumbing fixtures: This can be caused by wear and tear over time, or due to improper installation. Regular maintenance and inspections can help prevent this.
2. Clogged gutters: This can cause water to overflow and seep into the walls and foundation. Regular cleaning and maintenance of gutters can prevent this.
3. Flooding: This can be caused by heavy rain, storms, or natural disasters. Proper drainage systems, including sump pumps and backflow preventers, can help prevent flooding.
4. Appliance and equipment malfunctions: Appliances such as washing machines, dishwashers, and water heaters can malfunction and cause water damage.
The steps involved in the water damage restoration process typically include:
1. Initial assessment: This involves assessing the extent of the water damage and identifying the source of the water.
2. Water removal: The next step is to remove the standing water using pumps and vacuums.
3. Drying and dehumidification: Once the water is removed, the area needs to be dried and dehumidified. This involves using fans, dehumidifiers, and other equipment to dry out the affected area.
4. Cleaning and sanitizing: After the area is dried out, it needs to be cleaned and sanitized to prevent mold growth and other issues.
5. Restoration: Finally, any damaged items or structures need to be repaired or replaced.
The following steps should be taken immediately after water damage occurs to prevent further damage:
1. Turn off the main water supply to prevent further water from entering the area.
2. Shut off any electrical power to the affected area to prevent electrocution.
3. Remove any standing water using a wet/dry vacuum or pump.
4. Move any furniture or belongings out of the affected area to prevent further damage.
5. Use fans and dehumidifiers to dry out the area as quickly as possible.
6. Remove any wet carpet or padding, and thoroughly dry the floor.
7. Disinfect the affected area to prevent mold growth.
8. Consult a professional water damage restoration company for further assistance.
There are several types of equipment and tools used in water damage restoration, including:
1. Moisture meters: These devices measure the moisture content in different materials such as wood, carpet, and drywall. They help to determine the extent of the damage and the progress of the drying process.
2. Air movers: These are high-velocity fans that circulate the air and dry the affected area quickly.
3. Dehumidifiers: These machines remove excess moisture from the air and prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
4. Extractors: These machines are used to remove water from carpets, upholstery, and other surfaces.
5. Wet vacuums: These are used to remove standing water from floors and other surfaces.
The different types of water damage are:
1. Clean Water Damage: This type of damage involves clean, uncontaminated water from a burst pipe or overflowing sink. The restoration process for clean water damage is relatively easier and involves drying out the affected areas and repairing or replacing any damaged materials.
2. Grey Water Damage: This type of damage involves water that may contain contaminants such as bacteria, viruses, or chemicals. Examples include water from a dishwasher or washing machine. The restoration process for grey water damage involves removing any affected materials and disinfecting the area to prevent the growth of mold and bacteria.
3. Black Water Damage: This type of damage involves water that is highly contaminated, such as sewage water or floodwater.
Water damage strikes when you least expect that, then, time is your enemy. That dedication and investment you made could conclude into a water damage restoration. Prevention will be always a determinant element to reduce the risk level and our dedication is our best cover letter.
Tackling our services, the fire or water damage restoration, mold removal, water extraction, flooding clean up and crawl spaces clean up, they are just a few integrated and inclusive measures that we are well prepared to apply.